RFR Bonanza Races
The RFR Bonanza Race is open to racers of all kinds, trophy racers, sport compacts, muscle cars, Pro ET, Super Pro racers and of course, bikes and sleds!!
- 2012 Bonanza Race Date: Sat. October 12 (Rain Date: Sun. Oct. 13)
- Gates Open at 7:30 a.m.
- Time Trials at 8:45 a.m.
- Eliminations at 12 or 12:30 p.m.
- Race in Street Eliminator or King of the Hill Trophy Class for just $40. Win 2 rounds and win a trophy.
- In our Money Combo class, race either in Box or No Box for a Payout of $750 to Win/$300/RU and $125/Semis, OR its $1000/Win, $400/RU and $175/Semis if there are 65 cars or more in 1st round. Box and No Box cars are separated until the total field reaches 16 or less, then they are combined on a computer generated ladder for the final rounds of competition. Entry Fee is just $60.
- We'll also have Gamblers Races, "Run for the Money" and a Consolation Race as well.
- FREE RFR Racer Appreciation Race -- If you are a member of the Rock Falls Raceway Gold Rush Points Series in 2013 and attend at least 8 of the 11 scheduled Bracket Races you will qualify for the year end RFR Member Appreciation Race. The Money Classes will run for $1,000/Win & $400/RU and the Trophy Classes will run for $200/Win & $100/RU. Super Pro and Pro ET will run separately until there remains 1 left in each class, these two will run off for the Money Payout. King of the Hill and Street Eliminator will run off separately until there remains 1 in each class and they will run off for the Trophy Payout. Remember you MUST attend at least 8 of the 11 BRACKET RACES TO QUALIFY!!!
IMPORTANT TECH UPDATE: Effective 12/31/11 the Snell 2000 Helmets have EXPIRED and are no longer be valid for use in drag racing. Please check your helmet and if you have a Snell 2000 helmet, you will need to replace it prior to racing at any NHRA sanctioned racetrack beginning on 1/1/2012. Reminder that both the Snell K98 and Snell 95 helmets are also expired and no exceptions will be made for use of this model of helmet if you are running 13.99 and quicker in the 1/4 mile or 8.59 in the 1/8th mile. Currently, acceptable helmets are the Snell 2005 and Snell 2010. Please also remind your fellow racers to check their helmets as well!! Thanks.
Last Updated: 1/24/2013.