Rock Falls Raceway, “The ROCK”, is proud to announce that construction has officially begun on exciting new renovations at the drag strip! Jim Greenheck, owner of ‘The ROCK’ and current primary track sponsor ‘CTech Manufacturing’, has elected to re-invest heavily at the historic raceway to create a more sportsman-friendly dragstrip that racers of all levels will appreciate. The new facilities were designed with racers in mind and will make competing at The ROCK a much more enjoyable experience for years to come. Details of the approximately 4-month long reconstruction project are numerous, and include:
- Modern 11,000 sq. ft. building with bathrooms, showers and concessions under one roof.
- State-of-the-art timing tower with 360-degree visibility for announcers and track personnel.
- Updated scoreboards with greater visibility and display.
- New pits will be re-located to the south side of the drag strip. Blacktop pit roads with well-drained grass parking spots.
- New staging lanes with convenient access and return roads.
- New cart paths for tow vehicles.
- New ‘Easy-In-Easy-Out’ entrance located on south side of track.
- Convenient staging/parking area for race haulers on-site, allowing rigs to park conveniently before the track opens.
- New processes for racer registration.
Although today marks the beginning of a massive reconstruction project, improvements at The ROCK date back to Jim Greenheck’s acquisition of the raceway in 2015. The track surface itself has been vastly improved and just this spring, the old metal guardrails were replaced with new concrete barriers. Sportsman racing is alive and well in the Midwest, and we hope all sportsman racers will have a chance to compete at the new and improved ROCK beginning in the spring of 2020. Stay tuned for weekly updates to the construction process!
We have a vision at Rock Falls Raceway where the customer comes first! That’s our racers who compete, and the spectators who enjoy watching them. Our goal is to make all experiences at the track an enjoyable one. We look forward to making this project a success and hope you can join us!